This is my page to spout off on whatever Ozzy topic I feel like. This will be different from the FAQ, in that it will have my opinions and feelings, not just straightforward answers to questions. It will be an area to address topics of interest to the Oz community that I couldn't bring up somewhere else on this site. Through this column, I hope to address some of what's happening out there. I will add new columns here when I have something to say and time to say it, so it won't usually be very timely. And I'll archive the old ones as well, once I have some old columns.
So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good Night, and Good Luck
It's been one year since I last wrote a "Words from the Wizard" column. I never meant it to be that long! But sad to say, real life keeps intruding, and I keep having to put off the column to take care of something more pressing. Part of that is updating the rest of the site, but I'm also busy with work and taking care of my house and family. So I've finally come to the conclusion that, for at least the foreseeable future, this will be my last column. If things get better in the future, I'll be glad to come back, but right now, I don't want to have to worry about one more thing (it's probably pretty obvious that I haven't worried about it for a while anyway).
It's a shame, because I have all kinds of ideas for other columns. But it may be a while before you get to see what I have to say about these burning topics:
Well, we shall see someday, I hope. In the meantime, however, I plan to keep the rest of the website going, and I'll also be an active participant on the Tik-Tok Talk Mailing List (everyone is welcome to join) and the Oz Club's message board. I'll also be posting to The Wonderful Blog of Oz when I have something to say, so if you are really interested in what I have to say, keep checking those out. Thanks, you've all been terrific, and don't forget to tip your waitress!
- The still-going-after-over-a-decade rumors of a hanging man in The Movie — complete with pictures that should finally put this to rest.
- How the otherwise terrific television show Mythbusters really dropped the ball on their attempt to prove or disprove a Wizard of Oz "myth."
- The publication schedule of The Baum Bugle and what can be done about it, and how the Oz Club needs to better communicate with its members.
- Why latter day "dark Oz" interpretations aren't so bad, but also why they don't all succeed.
- What any new Oz movies would have to do to succeed in the shadow of The Movie.
Get FREE clip art, such as the rainbow bar used on this page, from ClipArtConnection.com
- "How dare they edit the Oz books?"
- New Year's Resolutions
This webpage, its contents, and the code used to create it are copyright © 1996-2013 Eric P. Gjovaag.
All rights reserved. For full legal disclaimer, see the About This Site page