Other Oz events can also be found on the Wizard of Oz Calendar of Events page on Facebook.
- 1 Going on now
- 1.1 Wicked play, around the world
- 1.2 The Wizard of Oz North American tour
- 1.3 Ozmafia anime series, on the Internet
- 1.4 The Wizard of Oz and The Wiz, throughout the United Kingdom
- 1.5 Emerald City television series, NBC.com
- 1.6 Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, Internet Streaming and Cablecast
- 1.7 Lost in Oz series, Internet streaming
- 2 January 2019
- 3 April 2019
- 4 May 2019
- 5 June 2019
- 6 July 2019
- 7 August 2019
- 8 September 2019
- 9 October 2019
- 10 November/December 2019
Going on now
Wicked play, around the world
Now playing: Wicked. This is the award-winning musical based on Gregory Maguire's novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. The book is by Winnie Holzman, the music by Stephen Schwartz, and the show is directed by Joe Mantello. It has done so well, it has spawned the following productions:
- Gershwin Theater, Broadway, New York City, New York. Tickets may be purchased online at ticketmaster.com. For more details, go to wickedthemusical.com. For a "Behind the Emerald Curtain" tour on Saturday mornings, go to https://wickedthemusical.com/behind-the-emerald-curtain#scrolldown for details.
- The Apollo Victoria Theatre, The West End, London, England, United Kingdom. For more information, including booking tickets, see http://www.wickedthemusical.co.uk/ or http://www.wickedwestend.co.uk/, and tickets can be purchased through http://www.wickedtheatretickets.co.uk/.
- Wicked is also touring the United States and Canada. For more information and updates about the tour, see http://www.wickedthemusical.com/north-american-tour-tickets. Here's the current schedule (locations and dates are subject to change):
- Now through January 27, 2019: Hollywood Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- January 30-March 3, 2019: Eccles Theater, Salt Lake City, Utah
- March 6-17, 2019: Morrison Center, Boise, Idaho
- March 20-31, 2019: Saroyan Theatre, Fresno, California
- April 3-May 5, 2019: ASU Gammage, Tempe, Arizona
- May 8-June 9, 2019: Buell Theatre, Denver, Colorado
- June 12-July 7, 2019: Paramount Theatre, Seattle, Washington
- July 10-28, 2019: Keller Auditorium, Portland, Oregon
- July 31-August 11, 2019: Hult Center, Eugene, Oregon
The Wizard of Oz North American tour
The Wizard of Oz North American tour. This touring production of the musical, based on The Movie, is now traveling around the United States. The following stops have been announced:
- January 15, 2019: Broadway Center for the Performing Arts, Tacoma, Washington
- January 16, 2019: The Washington Center, Olympia, Washington
- January 17, 2019: Craterian Theater at the Collier Center, Medford, Oregon
- January 18-20, 2019: Harris Center for the Arts, Folsom, California
- January 22-23, 2019: Gallo Center for the Performing Arts, Modesto, California
- January 25-27, 2019: McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts, Palm Desert, California
- January 28, 2019: Rabobank Theater, Bakersfield, California
- January 30, 2019: Casper Events Center, Casper, Wyoming
- January 31, 2019: Idaho Falls Civic Auditorium, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- February 1, 2019: Adams Center Fieldhouse, Missoula, Montana
- February 7, 2019: Riverpark Center, Owensboro, Kentucky
- February 8-10, 2019: Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- February 11, 2019: Mattie Kelly Arts Center, Niceville, Florida
- February 12-13, 2019: Saegner Theatre, New Orleans, Louisiana
- February 15-17, 2019: Chrysler Hall, Norfolk, Virginia
- February 18, 2019: Koger Center, Columbia, South Carolina
- February 23-24, 2018: Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts, Houston, Texas
- February 26, 2019: Bologna Performing Arts Center, Cleveland, Mississippi
- February 28, 2019: Coronado Theater, Rockford, Illinois
- March 3, 2019: Embassy Theater, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- March 12, 2019: Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, Texas
- March 15-17, 2019: Pioneer Center, Reno, Nevada
For more information, or to purchase tickets, see the show's website at http://wizardofoztour.com/.
Ozmafia anime series, on the Internet
Now playing: Ozmafia anime series, crunchyroll.com. In this Japanese anime series (based on the video game of the same name), Scarlet is a new transfer student at Oz Academy. He doesn't get off to a good start, but the teachers seem nice enough. But what strange secrets are hiding at Oz Academy, and why are they at war with the other academies? Episodes (in Japanese, with English subtitles) are available to view online at http://www.crunchyroll.com/ozmafia for free.
The Wizard of Oz and The Wiz, throughout the United Kingdom
Now playing: The Wizard of Oz, throughout the United Kingdom. Oz is a popular show to perform in the United Kingdom, and there always seems to be a show going on somewhere. For a complete listing of all upcoming productions of The Wizard of Oz in the United Kingdom, see the listings at The List, naturally. They also have listings for performances of The Wiz.
Emerald City television series, NBC.com
Emerald City television series, NBC national broadcast. The latest Oz TV project has gone through its broadcast run on NBC. But the show's website is still up at http://www.nbc.com/emerald-city. You can still watch episodes online at http://www.nbc.com/emerald-city/episodes.
Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, Internet Streaming and Cablecast
Lost in Oz series, Internet streaming
The Wizard of Oz eightieth anniversary, movie theaters in the United States
January 27, 29, and 30, 2019: The Wizard of Oz eightieth anniversary, movie theaters in the United States. Celebrating eighty years, TCM and Fathom Events present a nationwide series of screenings of the famous film version of The Wizard of Oz, with additional behind-the-scenes material. To find theaters showing The Movie, and purchase tickets, go to https://www.fathomevents.com/events/tcm2019-the-wizard-of-oz-80th-anniversary-1939.
Garmin Marathon in the Land of Oz, Olathe, Kansas
April 13, 2019: Garmin Marathon in the Land of Oz, Olathe, Kansas. If you're going to have a 26.2-mile run in Kansas, you may as well give it an Oz theme! For more information and to register, see the race's website at http://ozrun.org/.
Yellow Brick Road Festival, Sedan, Kansas
May (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Yellow Brick Road Festival, Sedan, Kansas. This town in Kansas celebrates The Wizard of Oz every year. For details, see http://www.lasr.net/travel/city.php?Sedan&Kansas&Yellow+Brick+Road+Festival&City_ID=KS0604019&Event_ID=KS0604019e002&VE=Y or call 620-725-4033.
The Oz Run, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
May (exact date to be announced), 2019: The Oz Run, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. This annual 5K and half-marathon run raises money for local charities while the participants dress in Oz costumes as they make their ways to the Emerald City at the end. For more information, or to sign up, go to http://www.theozrun.com/. And if you want to find out a little more, including video of the 2016 run, see http://www.weau.com/content/misc/Oz-Run---Dec-19th-407438355.html.
San Diego County Fair, Del Mar, California
May 31-July 4, 2019: San Diego County Fair, Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, California. The theme for the 2019 edition of the fair is "Oz-some," and events will tie into the Oz mythos—the books as well as the movies. This is all to celebrate San Diego's connection to Oz, as author and Oz creator L. Frank Baum spent many winters in Coronado. For more information, see the fair's website.
Oz-Stravaganza, Chittenango, New York
June (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Oz-Stravaganza, Chittenango, New York. L. Frank Baum's home town honors their favorite son with this annual festival (formerly known as Oz Fest). Events include a children's Oz costume contest; craft and vendor booths; the Munchkin Mile Kids Fun Run; and lots of other contests. For more information, see the festival's website at http://www.oz-stravaganza.com/, or the town's website at http://www.chittenango.org.
Wizard of Oz Festival, Ionia, Michigan
June (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Wizard of Oz Festival, Ionia, Michigan. This Michigan town holds an annual Wizard of Oz festival. For details and schedule, see the festival's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Wizardofozfestionia. Local news coverage can be read at http://www.sentinel-standard.com/news/20180531/wizard-of-oz-festival-returns-to-ionia.
Wizard of Oz Festival, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
June (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Wizard of Oz Festival, Judy Garland Museum and environs, Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Judy Garland's home town celebrates her most famous role in this annual festival, with events all over town spread out over three days. For more information, keep an eye on the museum's website at http://www.judygarlandmuseum.com/ for more information.
Oz: The National Convention, Thibodaux, Louisiana
June 20-23, 2019: Oz: The National Convention, Thibodaux, Louisiana. The International Wizard of Oz Club's National Convention comes to the Louisiana bayous. The Convention itself is June 21-23, with an optional Craft Day on June 20. More information will be coming later, but keep your eye on the event's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/209387426596512/.
OzCon International, Pomona, California
July 26-28, 2019: OzCon International, Kellogg West Conference Center, Pomona, California. The annual west coast meeting of Oz fans celebrates two important milestones, marking the one hundredth anniversary of the passing of L. Frank Baum and the publication of his penultimate Oz book, The Magic of Oz. The convention also celebrates the eightieth anniversary of the famous MGM film version of The Wizard of Oz, and the new animated series Lost in Oz and Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz. For more information, including purchasing memberships and meals, keep an eye on the convention's website.
Wizard of Oz Days, New London, Missouri
August (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Wizard of Oz Days Festival, New London City Park, New London, Missouri. The community throws a party celebrating Oz. For more information, see the event's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/294113420996061/, and also https://www.facebook.com/newlondonozdays/.
Autumn at Oz Party, Banner Elk, North Carolina
September (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Autumn at Oz Party, Beech Mountain, Banner Elk, North Carolina. The Wizard of Oz Park on the mountain may no longer be in regular operation, but it's still there, and Oz and park fans get together once a year for a party. For more information, check out http://www.landofoznc.com/autumnatoz.
Midwest Oz Fest 2019, Tinley Park, Illinois
September (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Midwest Oz Fest 2018, Tinley Park, Illinois. The southwest suburbs of Chicago are hosting a big festival, with vendors and food and rides and games and parades and all the rest. It's early still, but to stay on top of the festival's progress, keep an eye on the Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/156284901679198/.
Wizard of Oz Festival Ohio, Macedonia, Ohio
September (exact dates to be announced), 2019: Wizard of Oz Festival Ohio, Macedonia, Ohio. The second year for this event in Ohio. For more information, see the website at https://wizardofozohio.com/, and the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/wizardofozfestivalohio/.
Oztoberfest, Wamego, Kansas
October (exact date to be announced), 2019: Oztoberfest, Wamego, Kansas. The town not only has an Oz museum, they put on an annual Oz festival. Authors and other special guests will attend, and there's also admission to the museum. For more details, call the Oz museum at 1-866-458-TOTO, or see the event's website at http://oztoberfest.com/.
OzFest, Liberal, Kansas
October (exact date to be announced), 2019: OzFest, Liberal, Kansas. The home town of the Dorothy's House attraction hosts its annual tribute to Dorothy and Oz. For more information, see the city's events page and the city's website (and be sure to call 1-800-LIBERAL to confirm event and dates).
The Wizard of Oz Eightieth Anniversary Cruise,Miami, Florida
October 28-November 1, 2019: The Wizard of Oz Eightieth Anniversary Cruise, Miami, Florida, with other ports of call. Celebrate eighty years of one of the world's most beloved movies on the Carnival Victory boat, visiting Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. For more information, see the cruise's information page at https://www.travelwithhilo.com/0z-80th.
The Wizard of Oz, holiday cablecasts
The Wizard of Oz holiday cablecasts, TBS and TNT. The stations' annual holiday season showings of the famous film version are, generally speaking, around Thanksgiving on TBS and Christmas on TNT. See your local listings for channel and times in your area. Keep checking back for details throughout the season.